Interviews, Talks, Lectures, and Presentations
I am often asked to give an interview, talk, provide a lecture, or give a presentation at various events, universities, and businesses. I am always interested in and typically available to provide any of these. If you are interested in having me give an interview, a talk, a lecture, or a presentation at your event, university, or business, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Open Source Community: Getting Started and Staying Involved, 2010-02-23, UniForum Chicago meeting at Illinois Institute of Technology (Rice Campus) in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Ubuntu Community, 2009-11-19, interviewed by Joe Barker pertaining to my work within the Ubuntu community via email.
- Ubuntu UK Podcast, 2009-08-14, interviewed for the Ubuntu UK Podcast pertaining to my work with KDE, Kubuntu, and the various Ubuntu councils via telephone.
- Open Source Panel, 2009-04-03, Flourish 2009 Open Source Conference at the University of Illinois in Chicago, Illinois.
- An Overview of Kubuntu, 2009-04-03, Flourish 2009 Open Source Conference at the University of Illinois in Chicago, Illinois.
- Ubuntu Community, 2009-02-26, DePaul Linux Users Group meeting at the DePaul Student Center Loop Campus in Chicago, Illinois.
- Ubuntu Developer Summit Jaunty Interview, 2008-12-11, interviewed about the state of Kubuntu and KDE 4, changes in the Ubuntu repository structure, and core development at Google in Mountain View, California.
- KDE 4, 2008-11-11, Michigan Users Group meeting at the Farmington Community Library – Main Branch in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- Lotta Linux Links Interview, 2008-01-05, interviewed for the Lotta Linux Links Podcast pertaining to my work with KDE, Kubuntu, and Ubuntu projects via the telephone.
The presentations above are the ones I can remember off hand and have information for. As I come across more of my presentations from the past and for the ones in the future, I will update this page accordingly. Presentations I have provided in the past include topics such as:
- An Introduction to Python
- KDE Community
- Writing System Documentation
- Ubuntu Community
- Ubuntu Development
- Debian Development
- Packaging (various platforms)
- KDE Development
- Distributed Storage
- and more…