The Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team is currently in the process of sorting out the details for an Ubuntu Jaunty Release Party. Right now we are fairly certain the date will be April 25th, 2009 and that the location will be somewhere in the city limits of Chicago. We haven’t worked out the venue nor the exact times just yet, but we are working on that. Right now, some of the options for a venue that have been brought up are:
- Illinois Institute of Design (Our favorites at this time pending our buddy Kevin’s approval).
- RisquÃ© CafÃ© (One of our favorite hang out spots near Wrigley Field)
- Portillos (The best Chicago style hot dogs – though we don’t know how well it would be for a venue)
- Goose Island (Chicago’s finest brewery and restaurant – great for all ages as they have amazing Root Beer as well – WiFi was an issue last year)
- ….have a place you would like to offer and think would be a great spot?
If you in fact have an idea of another place to hold such a venue, please either stop by our IRC channel on Freenode in the channel #ubuntu-chicago, or you can Join our mailing list and then us an email to ubuntu-us-chicago AT ubuntu DOT com.
If anything changes, please keep an eye on this blog or Jim Campbell’s blog.